2.精彩脱口秀--致谢
致谢是一种礼仪规范,它可以促进人际关系的良好发展。英美人更是精于此道,我们时时处处都能听到他们的感谢之辞。帮助无论大小,人无论尊卑,我们都要善于致谢。
●Thanks a lot.多谢。
●It's so sweet of you to help me.真的非常感谢你帮助我。
●You're just wonderful.你真是太好了。
●I can never thank you enough.我对您永远感谢不尽。
●You are very thoughtful.你想得真周到。
●You are most understanding.你真能体谅人。
●You are very helpful.你是很得力的帮手。
●Anytime.不客气。
●It was the least I could do.这实在微不足道,不过尽力而已。
●I'm very glad you enjoyed it.我很高兴你觉得满意。
●At your service.愿意为你效劳。
●I really appreciate it.我真得感谢。
●I can't thank you enough.我怎么感谢都不够。
●It was a great help.你帮了大忙。
●Thank you, anyway.无论如何要谢谢你。
●Thank you for coming.谢谢你光临。
●That's OK.没什么。
●You bet.应该的。
●Thank you.谢谢。
● Don't mention it.不谢。
Unit 7 Excuses and Regrets?歉意与惋惜
1?Dialogue
??贝蒂住院了!她的两条腿都断了!唉,贝蒂实在是太可怜了!玛丽直到碰见贝蒂的姐姐南茜才知道这件事。她表示很惋惜,并且不会原谅撞倒贝蒂的那个男孩,他太无礼了!玛丽决定今晚就去看贝蒂,这令一直忙碌着的南茜很高兴。
A: Hi, Nancy. How's everything?
嗨,南茜,近来如何?
B: Not too much, Mary, Betty's in the hospital.
不怎么的,玛丽,贝蒂住院了。
A: No! Really? I'm so sorry to hear that. What happened?
哦不,真的吗?听到这个消息,真是遗憾。发生了什么事?
B: She was walking home from the bus stop when a car hit her.
她从公交车站走路回家的时候,有辆车撞到她了。
A: That's terrible. I hope she wasn't badly hurt.
真糟糕,希望她没有伤得很重。
B: Both legs were broken.
两条腿都断了。
A: Gosh, that's a shame. You must be busy now.
唉,太可怜啦!你现在一定很忙。
B: Yes, Every evening I'm at the hospital. Betty was feeling pretty blue for a while, but she's better now.
是的,我每天晚上都在医院。有一阵子贝蒂觉得相当沮丧,不过她现在好多了。
A: I'm glad to hear that. How about the driver?
听到这个我很高兴。司机怎么样了?
B: No. He got off without a scratch. To make matters worse, he hasn't even said he's sorry.
没有,他下了车,连擦伤也没有,更糟的是,他甚至连抱歉都没说。
A: I would think it would be pretty hard to forgive someone who acts like that.
我想要原谅做出这种事来的人,是相当困难的。B: His father came to my office and apologized for the boy, but I don't know how the boy feels about it.
他父亲到我的办公室,为那个男孩道了歉,不过我不知道那个男孩对这个意外的感觉如何。
A: How long will Betty be in the hospital?
贝蒂要住院多久?
B: The doctors say at least a month.
医生们说至少要一个月。
A: I'm sorry I didn't contact you. Nancy, maybe I could have helped.
南茜,抱歉,我没有跟你联络,也许我帮得上忙。
B: That's OK. I know you've been busy. Why don't you drop by and pay Betty a visit? She would appreciate it.
没关系,我知道你一向很忙。何不顺路去看看贝蒂,她会很感激的。
A: I will. I'll see if I can make it this evening.swheresis she?
我会的,我看看今天晚上是否能去,她在哪里?
B: Mercy Hospital. Room 218.
慈恩医院,218号病房。
A: Thanks, Nancy. Goodbye.
谢谢,南茜。再见。
B: So long, Mary.
再见,玛丽。
2?精彩脱口秀--歉意与惋惜
??适时地表达歉意是修补人际关系的重要手段。道歉不仅是为了礼貌的周全,更是为了维持人际关系的和谐。在社会交往中,如果我们给别人造成了麻烦或不方便,我们要及时表示歉意;当听到别人道歉时,我们应该作出积极友善的反应,给予谅解,有时还要勇于承担责任。这不仅是有礼貌、有教养的表现,而且还有助于问题的解决和关系的改善。
●Excuse me.对不起(请原谅)。
●I beg your pardon.我请求您的原谅。
●Forgive me.请原谅。
●Oh, my fault.哦,是我的过错。
●It was rude of me.我真是失礼。
●I just don't know what to say.我真不知该说什么好。
●It was most careless of me.我真是非常粗心。
●I can't apologize enough.我怎么道歉都不够。
●I apologize if I hurt your feelings.如果我伤害了你的感情,我道歉。
●Will you accept my apology?你能接受我的道歉吗?
●Sorry,we can't help you.抱歉,我们帮不上忙。
●I'm sorry to have kept you waiting.抱歉让你等候。
●I wish I could help you.希望我能帮得上忙。
●I'm sorry it worked out this way.我很抱歉,事情变成这样。
●I'm sorry, I didn't mean that.我很抱歉!我不是那个意思。
●Oh, my gosh, I'm late, what excuse can I give the clients?哎呀,惨了!迟到了。我能找什么借口对客户说呢?
●I apologize. The traffic was bad.我道歉,路况不佳。
●It was really quite unintentional.这实在不是有意的。
●Forget it.别再提了。
● It's really of no importance.这实在不值一提。
Unit 8 Suggests?意见
1?Dialogue
??圣诞节到了,开个圣诞舞会是再好不过的主意了。我和露西商量请谁来参加舞会,安迪向我们提出了很好的意见。
A: Say, Andy, Lucy and I are planning to have some friends in for a little Christmas party. I want to ask you advice about inviting certain people that you know quite well.
喂,安迪,露西和我正计划邀请几位朋友在家开个小型的圣诞舞会。对于要邀请你所熟悉的人,我想听听你的建议。
B: Sure, David, I'd be glad to. But it's your party, why don't you invite just the people you know well?
当然,大卫,我很乐意。但是这是你们开的舞会,为什么不邀请你较熟悉的人呢?
C: We are, but there are some we'd like to invite that you know better than we do.
我们是这么做的,但是有一些我们想要邀请的人,你比我们更熟。
B: All right, which are the ones you want to ask me about?
好的,哪些人是你们想要问我的?
A: First of all, George and Kay.
首先,要邀请的是乔治和凯伊。
B: Oh, they're an awfully nice couple. They'd fit any place and I'm sure they?d love to come.
哦,他们是好得不得了的一对。他们到什么地方,都和别人合得来,我确定他们会喜欢来的。
A: Good.
好。
C: And there's Alice. What about her?
还有爱丽丝。她怎么样?
B: Well, if you invite Alice, you should invite Frank, too. I think they'll be tying the knot soon.
好的,如果你邀请爱丽丝,你也应该邀请弗兰克。我想他们很快就要结婚了。
C: Well, we don't know Frank, but we'd be glad to have him come.
好的,虽然我们不认识弗兰克,但是我们欢迎他来。
B: Do you have Bob on your list?
鲍伯有没有在你的名单上呢?
A: Yes, he was the next name on our list. What do you advice about him?
有的,他是我们名单上的下一位。你对他有何建议?
B: By all means give him an invitation. He's lots of fun at parties.
无论如何要邀请他,他在舞会上会很有趣的。
A: Good, we'll send him an invitation.
好的,我们会给他一封邀请函。
B: I guess that's all, then.
那么,我想已经足够了。
A: Thanks a lot.
多谢了。
2?精彩脱口秀--关于意见
??善于向他人提供意见是重要的交际手段。在特定的场合用适当的语气向他人提出意见是一个人口语表达能力的重要标志。
●You should ... if you see what I mean.如果你明白我的意思,你就应该……
●Why not go to do it now?你为什么不现在做呢?
●I reckon you should...我看你应该……
●If I were in your position, I would...我要是处在你的地位,我就……
●If I were you, I'd...如果我是你,我就……
●You might as well...你不妨……
●If you take my advice, you'll...如果你听我的劝告,就……
●You would be ill-advised not to...你要是……就不明智了。
●Just try again.你就再试一试吧。
●I have an idea.我有个点子。
●Good idea.好主意。
●Okey by me.我看行。
●That's great.好极了。
●Believe I will.我会这么办的。
●That's just my cup of tea.这正合我的胃口。
●Not a bit.一点儿也不行。
●I wouldn't hear of it.别再说了。
●I'd rather you wouldn't.我倒希望你不这样。
●No, don't bother.不,别费心了。
● No, really, I'm not in the mood for it.真的不行,我没有兴趣。'
Unit 9 Asking for Directions关于问路
1?Dialogue
??初次来到这个城市,我对这儿的路线一概不知。幸好,前方有个警察,我得向他打听打听,我要麻烦他告诉我我想去的地方该怎么走,希望他不要嫌我烦,我会感激他。
A: Excuse me, I wonder if you could give me a few directions.
对不起,你是否能给我一些指示。
B: I'd be happy to be with you.
我很乐意。
A: First, can you tell me how to get to the post office?
首先,你可否告诉我怎么到邮局?
B: Sure. It's straight down this street. Just keep walking for about 200 meters. You'll see it on your right.
可以。它就在沿着这条街直走下去的地方。只要一直走大约200米,你就会看到它在你的右手边。
A: Thank you. And now, will you tell me the way to the church?
谢谢你,那么,你能告诉我到教堂的路吗?
B: The church is within walking distance,too-it's about a 15?minute walk. |